Automotive weather stripping is probably a subject you don't spend much time considering. However, if your INFINITI car or SUV didn't have it installed at the factory, you'd miss it. That's because it benefits you by keeping dirt, moisture, and wind out of your cabin. In addition, weather stripping helps to muffle the sound produced when your doors close.
Weather stripping is essentially a set of rubber and soft plastic slats that's held in place by adhesives – and sometimes screws --that line the edges of your windows and doors. Unfortunately, sometimes weather stripping can go bad. When that happens, your interior atmosphere becomes significantly less pleasant.
How to Spot Bad Weather Stripping
Signs of weather stripping failure include:
- Water stains inside your cabin or on your floor mats
- You hear wind rushing through your windows or doors
- Bits of cracked or brittle weather stripping
- Worn pieces of weather stripping
How to Replace Old Weather Stripping
Start by removing any screws, and then pull away the stripping and underlying adhesive. Then clean and dry the channel thoroughly before applying fresh adhesive. Next, carefully put the new weather stripping in the channel, align it, and press it into place. Then reinstall any screws that you removed.
Buy Genuine INFINITI Weather Stripping Online
Getting the right type and size weather stripping for your vehicle is essential, though. Choosing weather stripping made by your manufacturer is the best way to do that, since it was designed specifically to fit your model. Buy now and we'll get your order shipped directly to your home.
No results found for weather stripping. Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!