These days, engines like the one in your INFINITI car or SUV no longer rely on hand-cranking to get them running. Instead, you only need to turn the ignition key or press a "Start" button to get your engine to roar to life.
How your Starter Works
Also known as a self-starter, cranking motor, or starter motor, the starter works the same in nearly every vehicle. They use a starter relay and dedicated starter motor to crank your engine. It does so by connecting to a solenoid that draws electricity from the battery. The solenoid sends that electricity to the starter, which leads the starter gear to push forward, connect to engine flywheel's gear teeth, and rotate the teeth. That causes your engine to roar to life.
How to Spot a Bad Starter
Eventually, even the highest quality starter can begin to fail. Signs of this include:
- Engine won't crank
- There's a clicking noise when you try to start the engine
- The dash lights come on but the engine won't start
- There's smoke coming from the starter
- The starter is covered in oil
- You can start your INFINITI vehicle, but only in specific gears
Genuine OEM Starters Perform Best
If you need to replace faulty starter parts, insist on the right ones for your model. Your manufacturer makes the only ones that are guaranteed compatible with your INFINITI vehicle, ensuring the peace of mind you want when shopping online. Buy yours from our online auto parts store today, and we'll ship your order out right away!
No results found for starter. Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!