In order for your engine to operate at peak performance, it needs air intake. Also known as an air induction system, your air intake system delivers the oxygen that mixes with fuel to feed the engine's combustion and deliver power.
How Air Intake Systems Work
Air first goes through the engine air filter, which removes contaminants and debris. Then a mass airflow sensor measures the air movement, while the air metering system sends data to the engine control unit (ECU). The oxygen sensors monitor exhaust levels, allowing the ECU to adjust levels as needed to optimize the air-fuel mix.
Unfortunately, it's not unheard of for even the best air intake system to go bad. That's a problem, since that affects your engine's performance. Let it go long enough, and your engine may develop serious problems.
Learn to Identify Air Intake Issues
Signs of air intake system trouble include:
- The "Check Engine" dash light comes on
- Your engine idle speed changes
- The engine revs at a higher rate than usual
- Engine performance suffers
Genuine OEM Air Intake Parts Work Best
If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, check your full air intake system. If you do need to replace a failing part, choosing the right air intake components for your vehicle means choosing the ones made by INFINITI specifically to work with your model. Find everything you need right here in our online auto parts catalog. Buy today and we'll ship your order straight to your home!
- 9 more
No results found for "oxygen sensor, air filter, cold air intake, induction". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!