The factory ignition plays a crucial role in your INFINITI starting right up. For you, it’s easy. You put your key into the ignition switch and turn it. If your model has a "Start" button, it's even simpler, as you just press that. Behind the scenes, though, there's a lot more going on.
How Ignition Works
When you turn the key or push the button, the battery, starter solenoid, and ignition coil react by sending an electric charge to the spark plugs. The plugs take that charge and use it to kindle the air-and-fuel mixture inside your engine's combustion chamber. Your starter motor cranks, the pistons begin to pump, and the engine roars to life.
How to Spot Ignition Problems
Eventually, even the highest-quality ignition parts can go bad. If you experience any of the following symptoms, hook up a code reader to discover what's causing the problem:
- Flickering dashboard lights
- Difficulty starting your vehicle
- Inability to turn the ignition key or press the "Start" button
- The starter motor doesn't work
Genuine OEM Ignition Parts Work Best
If your ignition is failing, you'll want to fix it as quickly as possible. Make sure that you use the right components for your vehicle. Our online auto parts department only carries the authentic ignition parts that your manufacturer makes for their models, so you enjoy guaranteed compatibility. Buy now to save time and money!
No results found for "ignition, spark plug, solenoid, starter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!